so what's the best snack for the most colorful race ever? the most colorful cupcakes ever, of course!
i was so happy that my friend, leah, over at the sweet treat, who i have known FOREVER spent the weekend with us in ct!
we always enjoyed the same things growing up, like going to the beach, making up dances to embarrassing co-ed bands [s club 7... any 90s kids remember them?], and performing our version of grease every morning for probably 5 months in 4th grade. so it makes perfect sense that we both love baking and anything sweet!
she made the most rad cupcakes ever - they were TIE DYED!
yellow or white box cake prepared as instructed
4 or 5 separate bowls
- separate the prepared batter into 4 or 5 bowls [depending on how many colors you want to make]
- put a couple drops of food coloring into each bowl and stir to combine - add more food coloring if you want to make them more vibrant
- line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- pour a little of each color into each cupcake liner
- swirl the colors together with a toothpick
- bake as directed on cake box
- cool and decorate!
i think we were just about as colorful as our cupcakes!