This weekend cemented the fact that fashion bloggers got a lot on me haha! As I mentioned yesterday, I went to a fantastic Charleston Blogger Society event this weekend hosted by Rutledge Social at Ro Sham Beaux downtown. It was so fun to get to know bloggers from the area!
How pretty is this place?
|cocktails from Flute and ice cream from Ye Olde Fashioned |
The ladies I met definitely were amazing: they're fashionable, have fantastic blogs, and have a real answer to the question, "what do you blog about??" Just in case you were wondering, my answer is always "lifestyle and ummm, just daily life," but let's be real, I blog about cats, food, and wedding shit [aka I'm screwed in a week when that's over...]. So, here are my top 5 reasons why I could never be a fashion blogger:
1. First and foremost, I don't have fashion sense. Okay, I can manage to put together one outfit a month, but yeah, that takes way too much effort to do on a daily basis. In case you were wondering, I've had that dress [on the left] I wore to the blogger social for more than 5 years and wore it when I studied abroad, and the shoes are even older. If that's not bad enough, when Mike and I went out Saturday night, I wore off-white [shirt] and white [wedges] together... and I didn't realize it for a good hour. Seriously, I should only be allowed out at night.
my outfit poses are lacking, too...
2. I wasn't even joking about the cat blogging thing. They wouldn't leave me alone for 5 minutes, so are obviously all of my event swag photos feature my girls. Check out what I got...
Cream and makeup samples from Pink Dot Beauty Bar /// an amazing beet-scented candle from Produce Candles /// a bracelet from Ro Sham Beaux /// magnolia lotion from Moon and Lola /// earring from Vestique /// vegan Mocha Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, and Lemon Poppyseed from A Better Batch
3. My makeup woes. Yeah, I know, the outfits aren't everything. Style bloggers have the whole package. I would say this tweet sums it all up.....
"@CommonWhiteGirI: if u can do liquid eyeliner u can do anything" how I felt today... @TaylorM5 can attest #unstoppable
— Meg (@megd_11) September 13, 2014
But, guys, I just need you to know: I did it. Thank you to Maybelline Eye Studio Master Duo for being the best liquid eyeliner ever. Oh, and I couldn't even take a good photo of my "after" either.
4. I can't even take good selfies. Tanning at the pool after the event on Saturday...
5. I get my only fashion advice from my cats.
So yeah, #storyofmylife. Thanks for Rutledge Social for including me in on their fun event and thanks to the other ladies there for not [outwardly] judging me. You can check out more photos from the event here and here :)