I would have to say this is Mike's all-time favorite. It is his mom's recipe, and it is sooooo good [and easy]!
Yeah, I didn't get a photo of the whole cake because a lot was eaten in 24 hours...
1 package of Super Moist cake mix [made as directed]
1 package orange Jell-o [4 oz]
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease/flour bundt cake pan
- After the cake mix is combined, remove 1 1/2 cup of batter and set aside
- Pour rest of batter into bundt pan
- Mix the dry Jell-o and orange extract into the 1 1/2 cups of batter
- Drop the orange batter into 6-8 mounds on top of the rest of the batter
- Cut through the batter with a knife in S-shaped curves in one continuous motion for the swirl effect
- Bake 42-47 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Cool 10 minutes in pan and turn upside and take out of pan to cool completely
- Mix 3/4 cup powdered sugar and 3-4 tablespoons of milk until desired consistency for icing
- Drizzle over cake
2/13/17 update - I can't believe I made this cake for the first time four years ago. Mike baked it for dinner with our neighbors last weekend and wanted up update a few photos!