I cannot even begin to describe how wonderful my long weekend was. For the second time in two and a half months, I traveled to Camp Calumet in New Hampshire with Mike's family. You might remember that I went with Mike's immediate family to bring his mother's ashes to their memorial chapel, and this time, we returned back, as an extended family, to simply spend time together, without the distraction of the 21st century, in this beautiful place. We got there just after lunch time on Friday afternoon and came back last night. There were a total of 17 family members, and we all stayed in the camp's Winter Lodge together playing cards and games, telling family stories, playing frisbee golf, and, of course, climbing Jackman's Ridge and just playing in the snow.
beautiful drive up
where we stayed for the weekend
Mike and my bunk
view from our bedroom
a walk to the lake at sunset
and a visit to the memorial chapel
morning frisbee golf around camp
family hike up to the memorial chapel
and the rest of the way up the trail
instead of taking the photo on the right back down, Mike, his cousin, and I trail blazed down the mountain!
most importantly, we beat everyone else to the toboggan hill
future cousin fun!
morning church service
relaxing and reading
And last but not least, all weekend wouldn't be a family vacation without games... tons and tons of games!
I participated in two swaps this Christmas - seriously I love swaps. I love getting the opportunity to "meet" other ladies and find new blogs! The first I signed up for was with one of my favorite ladies, Jane.
I was paired with Alex at Radiating Sunshine. She is just a delight! I had such a fantastic time getting to know her, and I really enjoy reading about her college life and reminiscing! Check out the amazing package she sent me:
- warm socks
- handmade scarf
- pink and purple bangle
- chocolate chip cookie mix
Thank you, Alex!!
The bottom right is a sneak peek of what I bought Alex - head over to her blog to see everything!
Oh, and if you couldn't tell, we very much enjoy snap chatting each other.
1. Dear Mom, Thank you for all of your amazing cookie recipes and sharing your love of baking with me. I love giving the gift of homemade love [and delicious treats!].
2. Dear Roxy and Shadow, You both had a hysterical Christmas! You make us laugh so much and we are definitely "those" cat people!
every time someone got up from the table, Shadow grabbed his/her seat to get in on the action
Roxy did all the stocking-opening for her and her sister! She really did "open" most of it!
Can you find Miss Ruxin?
3. Dear Mikey Man, Thank you for bringing out the kid in me this Christmas. You always find such fun ways to surprise me!
4. Dear Santa, Thank you for spoiling all of us!
5. Dear Future Family, I am so happy we got to spend so much time with you all this year! You are so much more than "in-laws," and I am so thankful for how much you've accepted me into your family! I've always had such a small family, so it's so fun to be a part of such a big one now.