- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups of berries (such as strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries)
- 3 additional tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut water
1. Place your oven rack on the lowest position in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together the powdered sugar and cake flour three times, and set it aside.
3. In a stand mixer, combine egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla extract, and coconut flavoring. Mix until soft peaks form.
4. A few tablespoons at a time, add the 1 cup of granulated sugar to the egg whites, constantly mixing until stiff peaks form.
5. Remove egg white mixture from the mixer, and fold in the sifted powdered sugar and flour in four parts.
6. Spoon cake mixture into a 10 inch bundt pan.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the cake bounces back when you touch it.
8. Flip the cake upside down on a cooling rack and allow to cool fully.
9. While the cake is cooling, combine the berries, 3 tablespoons of sugar, and coconut water in a bowl. Place in the refrigerator and allow to macerate for an hour.
10. Once the cake is cool, use a knife to loosen the sides of the cake from the pan and serve with the berries!