Now that we have a house, I love hosting guests! In our apartment, we had two bedrooms, and with Mike working from home, our second bedroom was an office/guest room/closet/storage room/golf locker. Now, we can dedicate a full room to our guests! We chose the second floor back bedroom that has its own bathroom so that guests can have their own space (and feel like they're really on vacation). Over the past month, I've had fun starting to put our guest room together, and now that we've had a few weekend guests, I've come up with a list of 10 essentials that (I think) every guest space should have:
3. Pillows and blankets ||| Try to find a combination of soft and firm pillows to suit guests' needs as well as an extra blanket or two.
5. Snacks and water ||| We have a stocked fridge and pantry, but it's all the way downstairs. It can be uncomfortable to ask for things in someone else's home - so give them some treats in their room!
7. Sewing kit ||| Mine is a simple kit from Target with needles, thread, scissors, etc - just in case!
8. Candle ||| Candles make every room feel like home to me, and this one is chose is local.
9. Toiletries ||| Guests have their own bathroom in our home, so there is a basket with everything they might have forgotten: shampoo, ibuprofen, floss, deodorant, or shaving cream. If they use a shared bathroom in your home, consider placing a few essentials in their room so they won't have to feel uncomfortable digging through your cabinets.
Macy, we're ready for you!! Can't wait to see you in a few hours!