This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayGlory #CollectiveBiasI think it's fair to say that we're pretty obsessed with football at this house. However, I fully acknowledge that I have plenty of friends who join us for viewing not for the actual football but for the food. And you know what? I'm totally fine with that! Game day food preparation is all about having something for everyone: something salty, something sweet, and something to wash it all down.
- 12 oz package of frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 clove chopped garlic
- 1 cup Mexican cheese
- 1 bag TOSTITOS® Original Party Size
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 lime cut into wedges
1. In a cast iron skillet, heat the vegetable oil on high. Add the frozen corn and sear until it's browned at least on one side.
2. Move the corn from the skillet into a bowl and add mayonnaise and chili powder.
3. In a small saucepan, bring the milk, cornstarch, and garlic to a boil.
4. Once boiling, turn off the heat and add in Mexican cheese, stirring until it melts.
5. Line a large platter with one half of a bag of TOSTITOS® Original chips (Save the other half for chips and salsa!).
6. Top the chips with cheese sauce, corn mixture, queso fresco, cilantro, cayenne powder (use chili powder if cayenne is too much spice), and a few squeezes of lime juice!
les® and SNICKERS® are poured onto my favorite serving platter. Finally, Diet Pepsi™ is added to the party table and we're ready for kickoff!
here. Then, shop for all your ingredients at Walmart!
Game Day Glory Sweepstakes
There you have it! What's your favorite game day snack? I'm always looking for new recipes!
Linking up for all of my favorite Tuesday food link-ups (Two Cup Tuesday, Try A New Recipe Tuesday, Delicious Dish Tuesday, and Tasty Tuesdays)!