I don't know about you, but whenever we go to Costco, those free samples suck me in. We've bought delicious chicken and apple sausage, huge packages of mango and pineapple salsa, and most recently: grilled chicken and mozzarella ravioli. They served it there with a delicious olive oil and garlic sauce, so instead of topping it with red sauce like we usually do for pasta, we decided to experiment with a white wine sauce. Luckily, the ravioli comes in two packs, so even though the first attempt wasn't great, the second was definitely a winner. It has the perfect combination of wine flavor, cheese, and tomatoes to give it a little something extra. If you give it a try, let me know!
1/4 cup olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 tablespoon butter
12-15 grape tomatoes (red or yellow), sliced in half
2 tablespoons half and half
1/2 cup chardonnay
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Additional parmesan cheese for serving
1. On medium heat, bring the olive oil up to heat in a large skillet.
2. Add the garlic, shallot, and red pepper and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add in the butter and tomatoes and sauté for another 2 minutes.
4. Add in the half and half, chardonnay, and parmesan cheese.
If you are cooking fresh pasta in the sauce:
5. Place uncooked pasta in sauce and cook for 3-4 minutes.
If you are pre-cooking dried or frozen pasta separately:
5. Cook sauce for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, and add in cooked pasta to coat.
6. Serve with additional parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
Linking up for all of my favorite Tuesday food link-ups (Tuesday's Recipe Swap, Two Cup Tuesday, Try A New Recipe Tuesday, Delicious Dish Tuesday, and Tasty Tuesdays)!