This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBiasWell, it takes a little more time than I'm used to for fall to reach Charleston. Living in New England, I was all about the booties, plaid, cool weather, and even the leaf blower starting at the beginning of September. Now, I need to make a little fall magic for myself in South Carolina... with food. Fall foods make everything feel more festive. Did you know that Walmart has special edition M&M's® Pecan Pie? Y'all know I'm a fan of everything chocolate, but these are so delicious and even come in festive colors. I thought it would be fun to share a little bit of fall with my neighbors with some "Happy Fall Y'all" cake pop treats featuring these delicious M&M's® and another fall flavor favorite: apple!
Apple Pecan Pie Cake Pops
Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Golden Butter Cake Mix
1 cup water
1/3 cup Mott's® Apple Sauce
Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Icing
Candy coating wafers
Cake pop sticks
M&M's® Pecan Pie
1. Mix together the cake mix, eggs, water, and apple sauce. Best way to mix up that cake mix? With your KitchenAid® Mixer, of course. Make sure you keep reading to enter to win one for yourself in the #bakeinthefunsweepstakes!
3. Let the cake cool and crumble it up. Mix 1 cup of frosting into the crumbled cake mix to form the cake pop dough.
5. Melt some of the candy wafers in a small bowl and stick one end of the sticks into the frosting. Then, push it into the cake pop - this will help the stick and cake pop adhere together.
6. Cool the cake pops in the refrigerator for a half hour.
7. While you're waiting for the cake pops to cool, crush the M&M's® Pecan Pie candies to use to top the cake pops.
8. Melt more of the candy wafers, cover the cooled cake pops in the melted candy, and top with the crushed M&M's® Pecan Pie.
calligraphy, so I grabbed my calligraphy pens and my favorite Snapple® Apple bottle and spent some time writing "Happy Fall Y'all" onto colored sheets of paper. After that, I cut them into circles, layered them with another color to make it even more festive, hole punched them, and attached them to the wrapped cake pops with a ribbon! Ta-dah!
Bake in the Fun website and enter to win a KitchenAid® Mixer in the #bakeinthefunsweepstakes!
MARS Bake In The Fun Sweepstakes
- Have you made cake pops before?
- What's your favorite fall flavor?