This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBiasFor us, Halloween is more than just one night, it's a whole season. My birthday falls exactly 4 weeks before Halloween, so as soon as the birthday candles are taken out of the cake, the Halloween decor comes out, and, of course, the treats get purchased. Yes, I am a huge fan of candy, but how perfect do OREO and Fanta pair together for Halloween? Orange and black all the way! I thought it'd be fun to transform my newest favorite recipe to incorporate some Halloween flavor and flair. OREO and Fanta Creamsicle Brownies were born!
Extreme OREO Brownies.
- 1 box of brownie mix, prepared according to the directions on the box
- 15 OREO cookies
- 1 tablespoon orange extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1/4 cup Fanta orange soda
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- about 10 crushed OREO cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 teaspoons very hot water
1. Once the brownie batter is made, pour it into a greased 11x7 pan.
2. Place the whole OREO cookies into the batter.
3. Cook the brownies according to package directions until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
4. Allow brownies to cool for at least an hour.
5. Make the creamsicle frosting by beating the shortening and butter, then adding in the fluff, soda, and powdered sugar.
7. To finish the brownies, melt the butter and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Take the mixture off the heat and add in chocolate chips and extract.
8. Once everything is melted, add in the water to thin out the ganache and spread over the frosting and OREO cookies immediately.
- What's your favorite Halloween treat? Check out awesome ideas from the Spooky Snack Lab here, even some from CBS's Recipe Rehab host Evette Rios!
- Are you dressing up for Halloween this year? If so, what as?