This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CarnationSweepstakes #BetterBreakfast #CollectiveBias
Good morning, friends. Here we are, back to the grind on another Monday. As you might know, my resolutions this year include continuing to exercise, but also paying more attention to what I put in my body. I want the foods I enjoy to be more nutritious, especially at breakfast, to help sustain me throughout the day. I have to be honest, 2015 me was so guilty of snoozing the alarm over and over, then sitting in bed scrolling through social media (Do those flashback apps get anyone else? I just need to know what I was doing exactly 8 years ago before I get up!) all before almost falling back asleep in the shower. Well, with my new year and new resolutions, I am making an effort to have my mornings be more productive. At least two days a week, I wake up extra early to go to the gym before work, and everyday I've been giving myself enough time to get ready, put on makeup (another resolution!), and eat breakfast. Giving myself those extra 15 minutes in the morning to sit on the couch, watch my favorite morning talkshow while eating breakfast, and mentally prepare for the day has made my recent days so much better.
One of things also helping my morning start off on the right foot in the breakfast department is Carnation Breakfast Essentials®. I've created the perfect way to have a breakfast routine, and hey, if you take the Carnation 7-day Breakfast Challenge (more information at the end of this post!), you can even win prizes throughout the month of February!
My breakfast routine includes two things: delicious Carnation Cookies made with Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder in Rich Milk Chocolate and a Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Ready-to-Drink Bottle.
What I love about these cookies is that I can bake a whole batch at the beginning of the week, and it's take no prep time each morning. The cookies have only 5 ingredients and 58 calories each. I eat 3 each morning, and one batch makes enough to last a full week. If you aren't a fan of chocolate in the morning, you can also make these with the strawberry powder for a delicious strawberry banana cookie!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 packet of Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder in Rich Milk Chocolate
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. With a fork, mash the two bananas in a bowl.
3. Stir the chocolate powder, oats, pecans, and vanilla extract into the banana mixture.
4. Lightly grease a mini muffin pan with cooking spray or coconut oil and fill each muffin cup with 1 tablespoon of batter.
5. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
6. Store cookies in an air-tight container. They will last for a week in a cool, dry place.
Now it's your turn! Are you ready to take on the Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Sweepstakes? All the products featured above can easily be found at your local Walmart, and you can find more great recipe ideas on the Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Facebook page.
1. Sign up at CarnationBreakfastChallenge.com.
2. Complete a simple yet fun breakfast mission for a chance to win. New prizes will be revealed every day!
3. Come back any day in February to complete missions and see new prizes. The prizes range from a Fitbit to a GoPro and other awesome stuff.
4. Head to your favorite store to purchase a Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Nutritional Product and upload your recipe for five extra entries per day.
- What's your breakfast of choice to start a busy work day?
- Have you ever tried any Carnation Breakfast Essentials® products?