This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayTreatMaking #CollectiveBias
My sweet holiday gift giving ideas continue today with the one and only Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®. We all know those traditional, delicious treats that use only three ingredients and take a few easy steps, but today I'm sharing my secret for the ultimate Rice Krispies® treats. Well, two secrets in the form of two additional ingredients: cream cheese frosting and vanilla. I make these treats all the time, but for the holidays, I added a lollipop stick to easily dip them in white chocolate and cover them in sprinkles. My secret is inspired by one of my favorite bakers/bloggers, and these are seriously the best. They're so soft, chewy, and flavorful!
6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®
3 tablespoons butter
1 package (10oz) of mini marshmallows
1/3 cup cream cheese frosting
1 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
red, white, and green white chocolate melts
I shopped for all of my ingredients at my local Walmart. You can find your store here.
1. Heat butter in a large saucepan on medium.
2. Turn stove to low and pour in marshmallows, stirring until melted.
3. Add cream cheese frosting and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
4. Remove marshmallow mixture from the heat and stir in Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®.
5. Grease an 8x8 pan and press treats into the pan.
6. Allow to cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
7. When set, cut into 8 pops and melt each color of chocolate melts with 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
8. Put a lollipop stick into each Rice Krispies® treat and have fun decorating with melted candy and sprinkles!
These pops are heading into my office today for my coworkers!
If you're looking to treat yourself with even more holiday recipes, you can check out plenty of inspiration here.