This year, Valentine's Day is on a Tuesday. Crammed right in the middle of the work week, I know that if I don't plan ahead, it might slip by, unnoticed since we all know how busy life gets. Last weekend, I downloaded this fun shopping list from American Greetings. You can find tons of fun Valentine's-inspired ideas on the American Greetings website. Since buying cards was listed right at the top, I actually already purchased my American Greetings Valentine's Day cards!
All you need to make four flowers are: two colors of tissue paper, cellophane tape, and scissors.
1. Fold, in half, two pieces of tissue paper (one of each color), and place one inside the other.
2. Accordion fold the two pieces of tissue paper, and tape the middle together.
3. Cut once along the tape so you have two even accordions; then again so you have four.
4. Round the untaped edges of the tissue paper with your scissors.
5. Fluff and unfold the accordioned tissue paper to make a round flower.
6. Tape the flower to the front of your Valentine's Day greeting card.
My number one Valentine, for the seventh year, is my guy, Mike. He knows how much I love and appreciate him, and I am so happy that I found the perfect card to tell him so many of those things. Of course, I am working on writing my own personal note to him (part of the reason I bought the cards so early... I like to get my thoughts down just right), but when you start with a card so perfectly matched to a person, it makes the words flow so much better.clicking here.
What are your Valentine's Day plans this year?