This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EggoMyWay #CollectiveBias
I think it's pretty obvious that I love living in the South. The weather is beautiful, the people are kind, and the food is amazing. Recently, I had someone ask me what my favorite thing to do in Charleston is, and without hesitating, my answer was going out to eat. There are so many fantastic restaurants here, but part of the reason I like going out so much is because I'm not exactly a Southern chef... yet. However, with a little help from Eggo, I have created my own easy and delicious version of chicken and waffles.
Eggo Thick and Fluffy Waffles and Chocolatey Chip Waffles. Eggo is now made with ‘No Artificial Flavors.' and 'Colors from Natural Sources.’ Look for the packaging with the green banner!
- 2 frozen, breaded chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 4 Eggo Thick and Fluffy Waffles
- tomato (sliced)
1. Cook the chicken in the oven, according to package instructions.
2. While waiting for the chicken to cook, whisk together the mayo, sriracha, and syrup to create the sweet and spicy maple sriracha aioli.
3. Once the chicken is done, toast up the waffles until golden brown.
4. On one waffle, assemble the first sandwich: lettuce, tomato, chicken, aioli, and top waffle.
5. Repeat for a second sandwich and enjoy!
check out the Eggo social hub!
What's your favorite Southern food?