HAPPY MASTERS WEEK ONE AND ALL! As you read this, Mike and I are heading into the gates on Washington Road for the first practice round of 2017. Last time we went to The Masters, it was a competition day, so no cameras allowed. Today, I cannot wait to take tons of photos and share them with y'all later this week!
It's also my half birthday, so there are many reasons to celebrate. I have the most delicious cocktail to share with y'all that I made for the first time during last year's tournament. Obviously, watching golf in the morning is the perfect excuse to start drinking early, so I took my favorite morning drink (the almighty mimosa) and added a little Georgia Peach flair to it, since the Masters does take place in Augusta, Georgia, after all.
- 2 ounces of peach vodka
- 2 ounces of triple sec or peach schnapps (depending if you want more peach or orange flavor in your drink)
- 4 ounces of orange juice
- 1 scoop of peach ice cream
1. In a cup, combine the vodka, triple sec or peach schnapps (or both - go crazy!), and orange juice. Stir well.
2. Top with the scoop of ice cream.
3. Fill the cup up to the brim with champagne.