On another note, I don't like chunks of blue cheese. Most buffalo chicken dips I've tried before have big chunks of blue cheese. When I think I'm getting a bite of chicken, I get a bite of pure cheese and it's gross!
So, for those two reasons, this is why this dip is fantastic! There is NO blue cheese [only ranch - my favorite] and the ranch and cream cheese cut down on the spice a lot. You definitely could add more hot sauce or blue cheese if you like that kind of thing, but if not, this is the dip for you!
Okay, here we go:
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound raw chicken
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Frank's Redhot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Put the water and broth in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Put the chicken in the pot and boil until cooked.
- Pull the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour cream cheese into deep baking dish and stir until smooth.
- Mix in ranch, hot sauce, and chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered again for 5 minutes.
- Serve with veggies or tortilla chips.
Recipe and photos updated: 2/2/15